- We should trust him to lead us (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- He will guide the meek in judgment (Psalm 25:9) Note: AT Pierson defined 'meekness' as 'a real preference for God's will'.
- Are we willing to do what is right once we know God's will? (John 7:17)
- Does it agree with all the Scripture has to say on the subject? (2 Peter 1:20)
- Have we prayed about it? (Philippians 4:6)
- Do we have the leading of the Holy Spirit? (Romans 8:14)
- Does it please God? (1 John 3:22)
- Can we do it in the name of the Lord Jesus? (Colossians 3:17)
- Can we give God thanks for it? (Colossians 3:17)
- Does it bring glory to God? (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Does it offend other Christians? (1 Corinthians 8:13)
- Am I fully persuaded that it is right? (Romans 14:5)
- Have I sought the counsel of fellow believers? (Proverbs 24:6)
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Is It Right?
When we are faced with decisions and we see no clear cut Bible verse to tell us what is right or wrong then here are a few observations and questions that may help us do what is pleasing in the Lord's sight: